Affiliate marketing is a fantastic way to get started making money online. You can get started with it right away. Essentially, affiliate marketing works like this:
● You promote an online product or service created by someone else.
● If some purchases a product or service through your promotion, you get a commission or portion of the sale. Typically, you promote the online product through a unique link that is connected to you. That way, the company knows that the sale came through your promotion.
You might be thinking, This sounds great, but how exactly do I promote these products? There are numerous ways to promote the products. Your imagination only limits you.
● Write reviews of products on your blog and include affiliate links
● Have banner ads on your website promoting the products
● Post affiliate links on social media
● Promote products to your email list
For example, you could write a blog post about the top 10 hiking shoes.
Or you could have a banner ad featuring hiking shoes on your website.
Or you could post links to deals on hiking shoes on Facebook or Twitter. Or you could let your email list know about a great deal on hiking shoes.
If you have an audience, whether that be on social media or through a website, you have the opportunity to make money through affiliate marketing. One of the reasons affiliate marketing is such a great way to make money online is that you don’t have to create any products.
You’re simply selling what someone else already created. You’re a promoter, and if someone purchases through your promotion, you make money. Creating your own products can be tremendously difficult, and affiliate marketing removes that difficulty from the equation.
The best affiliate marketers can make thousands of dollars each month through their efforts.
2. Sell Products Online
There are numerous ways to sell products online (even if you don’t manufacture one yourself). Before you can sell products online, you’ll need a website on which to sell them. If you don’t want to set up your eCommerce store, you can easily sell products on:
● And many others
If you want to sell products on your website, you’ll need to go one step further and create an eCommerce website on which you can list your products and accept payments.
3. Sell Your Services on a Freelance Basis
There’s a good chance that you have
certain skills that you can sell online on a
For example, are you a…
● SEO Expert
● Voiceover Artist
● Audio Engineer
● And more
If so, then you can sell your services
online. There are literally hundreds of
thousands of businesses that need these
services and you can make good money
working for them.
This is somewhat similar to freelancing but with a bit of a different flavor. If you have significant knowledge in a particular industry or area of expertise, you can package your knowledge and sell it.
In other words, you’re selling your expertise as opposed to a product or service.
What sort of coach could you become? The options are endless.
You could be a:
● Health coach
● Life coach
● Music/vocal coach
● Finances coach
● Executive coach
● Sales coach
There are also several ways to package coaching services. You can offer:
Online courses are a fantastic way to monetize knowledge that you already have. And unlike coaching, which requires regular meetings with a small number of clients, you can sell your course to hundreds, if not thousands of people. The good news is that you can create a course around almost any subject and find people to purchase it.
For example, you can find courses on many topics, such as:
● Losing weight
● Learning to play the piano
● Creating a budget
● Investing in stocks
The list goes on and on.
To create a course, you need a platform to distribute it. There are many ways to create and distribute a course:
● You can create an email course in which all the lessons are delivered via email.
● You can build a course that’s primarily text-based and involves more reading.
● You can create a video course where you film yourself teaching.
● You can create a hybrid text/video course that features a variety of resources. You need a method for getting your lessons into the hands of your eager students.
Several platforms make it very easy to create courses, enroll students, and accept payments, such as:
These platforms allow you to upload a variety of materials, including video, audio, and text.
One way to get an excellent feel for what a course should look like is to take a few courses yourself. Udemy offers thousands of classes for relatively low prices. Consider taking a few lessons in your niche for ideas about what to include in your course.
6. Create YouTube Videos
7. Write and Sell a Book
8. Start a Blog
9. Become a Virtual Assistant
10. Tutor People in English
11. Sell Stock Photos
12. Do Odd Jobs on TaskRabbit